This version addresses a few bugs but more importantly includes drastic performance improvements
for re-indexing data. If you have a lot of data that requires re-indexing the process used to be very slow due to the way that the file queue was being serialized and processed. This issue has been addressed and re-indexing is now extremely fast, even with thousands of records of data. The demo web application above demonstrates that re-indexing 27,000 rows of SQL data can be re-indexed in less than 10 seconds on average.
- DeleteIndexEventArgs no longer includes the number of records deleted, ctor signature also changed.
- SerializableDictionary no longer exists
- iTextSharp DLL upgrade for UmbracoExamine.PDF library
- 2 new config options for lucene index providers:
- autoOptimizeCommitThreshold="100" (default if not specified). This optimizes the Lucene index for every 100 index writes. This was the default in previous Examine versions but now can be adjusted via config.
- autoOptimize="true" (default if not specified). By default the provider will optimize the index for every 100 index writes, but optimization can be completely disabled by setting this to false if you wish to optimize the index manually.
- As always, before performing any upgrades it is highly recommended to make backups of your data, project files, etc...
- Replace the following DLLs relevant to your project: Examine.dll, Lucene.dll, UmbracoExamine.dll, UmbracoExamine.PDF.dll, itextsharp.dll
- Remove all .EXA and .LCK files in your Index folders .... this is important! (they will be re-created on app startup with the new formats)
- Re-compile your project with the new DLLs and ensure that any breaking changes as listed above are fixed. If you aren't using the Examine API directly either by using events or custom providers, then you should not have any errors rebuilding your project.