Examine v1.0 is finally shipped!
- Contains all base providers
- Contains the LuceneEngine
- Contains the SimpleDataProvider for indexing any type of data source
- Contains all Umbraco specific providers
- Contains XSLT Umbraco extensions
- All configuration sections should be backwards compatible, however it is recommended to upgrade configuration sections to use the current class names:
- UmbracoExamine.Config.ExamineLuceneIndexes should now be: Examine.LuceneEngine.Config.IndexSets
- UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineSearcher should now be: UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher
- UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineIndexer should now be: UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer
- UmbracoExamine.MemberLuceneExamineIndexer should now be: UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer
- There are breaking changes in this release. However, unless you are directly referencing the internal operations in the Examine API, you application should remain compatible. It is HIGHLY recommended that you take a backup of your application before deploying these new assemblies. It is also HIGHLY recommended that if you have used the Examine APIs whatsoever that you upgrade your Visual Studio project with these new assemblies, ensure your project compiles and test to make sure that indexing/searching is working and that there are no erorrs in your log file/database.
- The UmbracoExamine.Contrib library no longer exists. PDF indexing is now done using the UmbracoExamine.PDF library. XSLT extensions are now in the core of UmbracoExamine.DLL
- There are a few breaking changes in regards to class/namespace structure.
- A full list of the breaking changes can be found in the full Release Notes document available for download on this page.
- The Examine.LuceneEngine.DLL no longer exists
- The Lucene engine has been incorporated into Examine.DLL
- UmbracoExamineIndexer renamed to UmbracoContentIndexer
There are currently 43
unit tests written and passing for v1.0.
- Indexing ANY type of data easily using the LuceneEngine index/search providers
- PDF Indexing for Umbraco
- XSLT extensions for Umbraco
- Data Type declarations for indexed fields
- Date & Number range searching