Examine is now on Nuget! Note: the nuget install will not setup your configuration sections
PM> Install-Package ExamineRelease notes from v1.5.1
No new features have been introduced but there are quite a few bugs fixed in this release: 10357, 10356, 10355, 10363, 10359, 10358, 10360, 10361, 10362, 10349
The Examine.Azure library is also available on Nuget:
PM> Install-Package Examine.Azure
Where are the UmbracoExamine libraries?? We've moved the UmbracoExamine implementation in to the Umbraco core in Umbraco version 6.1. You can still upgrade the basic Examine binaries listed above with your current version of UmbracoExamine.Release notes from v1.4.2
The 1.4.2 release resolves an issue where an "Inheritance security rules violated" exception would be thrown when using System.Reflection
against the Examine assembly.Release notes from v1.4.1
1.4.1 is a release that upgrades:
and 1.4.1 now supports medium trust!!
Fixes: 10343Release notes from v1.4.0
A fairly mega release which borrows some behaviors from the currently under development v2.0 version, this means there are some breaking changes which are listed below, though I don't think these breaking changes will affect many.
- Upgraded DLLs to .Net 4.0 runtime
- Azure support
- No more file queue, all asynchronous operations are handled by .Net 4.0's async Task scheduling system, this not only increases performance but better handles async operations.
- Running in async mode will now offer near real time data in your index
- Running in non-async mode will not cause index operations to fail in a multi-threaded environment (i.e. website), though still very strongly recommended to run in async for performance reasons especially when bulk inserting/updating
- Some bugs fixed
- In order to support Lucene on Azure, you must have a blob storage account
- The Lucene - Azure support is based on the Azure library for Lucene
- To get Examine working with Azure, there's a few configuration options to adjust which you can find here: Examine with Azure
You shouldn't really have to do anything to upgrade except replace the DLLs
There are no breaking changes for this release